Monday, July 19, 2010

Knives checking in at airport?

So im going to Hong Kong so I am thinking of probably buying some knives there since its a lot more cheaper and stuff like that. So if i get a few knives and bring them back to the US in my check in luggage I would be fine? They wont stop me? hold my luggage? or junk like that?|||You can not take any knives with your carry-on luggage. Aka, you can not have access to knives or any weapon while you are in the airport or on the plane. If you want to take that stuff, you must either ship it via mail or check your bags to be handled by the staff and stashed under the plane.|||According to the TSA, knives are acceptable in checked luggage. Obviously, knives won;t fly as a carry-on item. More than likely, as I know they do with fire-arms, the pilots will be notified of what is in your luggage. If you don;t mind that, go ahead and find the biggest katana you can stuff in your suitcase. Hoped this helped|||I live in Asia (not HK), and have friends that buy knives and bring them back to the states often.Of course they are not allowed in carry on baggage, but are fine to bring in your checked luggage. Be careful if you;re buying knives such as switchblades, they can be illegal to possess in many states and can be confiscated. Otherwise, knives in your check-in luggage are perfectly fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment