Monday, July 19, 2010

Planning a roadtrip from SW Chicago - where should I go?

Hi everyone, thanks for any kind of help/input you can give.I am planning on a 4 day/3 night roadtrip and would just like any ideas for good places to visit.I live an hour southwest from Chicago, IL and will be stopping by the University of Illinois - Urbana/Champaign (which is about 1-2 hours south from me) for one day, so any other places I visit I would like to be on the way to UofI or not have to make any back-tracking north. Also, since its a relatively short roadtrip, I would prefer places that are not too far away, ideally 12 hours or less of travel time to the farthest spot (which would get me to North Carolina).The states that I;m considering are:simply staying in IllinoisIndianaTennesseeNorth Carolinabut I honestly do not much about tourism in Arkansas, Kentucky, or Missouri - which all surround Illinois and are pretty close too.If you have any suggestions or information - it would be greatly appreciated!We;re into haunted spots/culture - museums, theaters/historic landmarks.Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment