Monday, July 19, 2010

Graduation Trip to Toronto or Vancouver, Canada.?

I was trying to decide where to have my graduation trip for when I graduate high-school this year. I LOVE Canada and really want to go to either Vancouver or Toronto. My question is, what is there to do in both? I know Toronto has the CN Tower, which I am DYING to see. But what does Vancouver have to offer? Thank you!|||I;ve been to both and prefer Vancouver. There;s fantastic shopping in both cities, as well as great restaurants and museums. Vancouver has a few things that you don;t get in Toronto. Being a coastal city, there;s the beach/ocean. Vancouver Aquarium is spectacular. Stanley Park is gorgeous if you;re interested in that kind of thing. Granville Island is good for at least a day of entertainment. Assuming this is your high school graduation, so you;re probably not worried about nightlife (though I enjoyed the Vancouver scene more, personally).|||I;m sure you will get lots of answers from Canadians (I gather you;re not Canadian, but maybe I;m wrong), so I;ll try to answer before this turns into a battle between Vancouver and Toronto, because when you get past the nitty gritty, they are both great cities. I;ll focus more on the cut and dry perspective...-People often complain about the cleanliness in Toronto (at least where I;m from)-I have heard many people say on numerous occassions that Toronto has all the bad qualities of a big city, and none of the good ones-Toronto is really hot in the summer (especially this year)-Toronto CAN be less friendly than other cities-The CN Tower is really nice-Toronto has an interesting cultural diversity-Toronto is in a few hours driving distance from several other cities, including Ottawa and Montreal -The weather in Vancouver is almost always RAINY-Vancouver has tons of arts and culture and has an up-and-coming film industry -Vancouver is usually really cheap to fly to and from -Vancouver is close to Victoria, which is also nice.BEST BET: Think about it some more given the choices.|||You don;t where you are at now. Overall there is more to do in toronto area than vancouver. for one thing you are close to Niagara Falls, Ottawa, and Montreal is within reach. Vancouver is close to nothing...unless you can travel to US. In Toronto you have tons of places like Canada;s Wonder Land and other amusement parks. Vancouver has nothing except nature *yawn*|||Vancouver is not always rainy, the summertime is really nice and does not get as hot as toronto, so you won;t be melting. And yeah lots of naturey things to do like stanley park, gorgeous beaches, grouse mountain, Queen Elizabeth park. Tons of shopping to be done in both cities. If you head out to Vancouver, you should definitely check out whistler and possibly go bungee jumping or ziplining there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment