Sunday, July 18, 2010

Road Trip Suggestions (NW to SW and back in USA)?

I have always dreamed of this road trip:Seattle, along Oregon and California coasts to San Francisco, cut east to Las Vegas, north a little to Zion/Bryce Canyon Nat'l Park in Utah, then south to Grand Canyon (AZ), see some New Mexico cliff dwelling ruins, up through Colorado and to Salt Lake City, UT, then through Yellowstone/Grand Teton toward Sun Valley, ID, then Spokane, WA and back to Seattle.I have plugged it all in to Google maps, and gotten a nice little trip plan. However, I am not sure what I even want to see, or why I want to go to all these places. I love hiking & camping (would probably drive a small sedan and bring a tent - and plenty of motel money, too). I also love photography and the scenery of the Southwest. My question is: Have you been to these places? Better, have you road-tripped in this area? What did you like? What was off-the-beaten-path? What didn't you like? Any revisions you'd make? (I know, I know, it's all based on what I want to see - but just give me some suggestions to start with.)Also, any general road trip suggestions? (e.g. "You won't like driving as much as you think you will!")Thanks!|||It sounds like a wonderful trip. I have road tripped around many of the places you mention but not all in one go. you don't say how long you plan to take. I would say you need 5 or 6 weeks to have a chance of actually seeing the places on your trip as opposed to just driving through.I attach several links to trips I have done that will give you a flavour of what there is to see and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment