Tuesday, July 27, 2010

How can i occupy myself on the plane? As im scared...?

Hello! Im terrified of flying and on Friday i will be flying to Turkey with a Turkish Airline! I have always flew with an english airline & still was scared, but now thinking about it i guess Turkish Airlines are the same? I dont know... But yeah, im a 15 year old girl & i fly every year and my fear keeps getting worse! Is there anything i can do to make me forget about my fear. I really want to feel comfortable on a plane and stop thinking about all the bad things what could happen.. :(|||It;ll be alright! (: Guess what? I;m a 16 year old girl and I;m flying on Friday! Not to Turkey, but I;m flying. Just bring books, music...etc. anything that you like to do! There;s also anxiety medication that your doctor can give you to calm your nerves. (my mom has to take it whenever we fly) It;ll be fine!! (:xoxo|||All airlines that fly to any major airport in Europe, and indeed the world, will have to meet minimum safety standards. So there is no difference between flying with an English airline or a Turkish one, and often you might find that the other nation;s airline is more luxurious or spacious.Good ways to keep yourself occupied are to take a book that you will enjoy reading and just focus on that, or to take some music that you can listen to, or a game you can play.As for the bad things that could happen, well I did a post on this already today but I;ll repeat. There are millions and millions of people travelling each year and 99.9% of those never have a single problem with their flight. Statistically you;d have to fly every day for some insane number of years to even come close to having a crash in a plane. Then there is the fact that planes don;t just fall out of the sky, they are very tough and resilient. They can stay in the air for a good distance without any engines working at all, and they can land like that too. The wings can be flexed to amazing angles without breaking. And there are any number of safety systems that make air travel the safest way to travel.Of course bad things have happened in the past, but each of those things has made air travel safer and safer each time. Planes have landed safely in some pretty extreme circumstances, and pilots are amazing people.Don;t worry about something which is as likely to happen as you winning the lottery two weekends in a row. You will get on the plane, the journey will be utterly uneventful and you will get off at the other end and have an amazing holiday. It is pretty much guaranteeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment