Sunday, September 11, 2011

Philosophy Line of Skin Care Products

I recently started using Philosophy line of skin care products and cannot say enough great things about them. The products I use are:

Philosophy Hope in a JarDaily Facial Moisturizers for All Skin Types
Hope Is Not EnoughAnti-aging Moisturizer with SPF 20
Here's what I like about about Philosophy Hope in a Jar:

The consistency is perfect -- not too creamy but definitely feels very moisturizing
I saw immediate results!!! My skin looked visibly more radiant after about a week of use. I went traveling for a week and didn't use it, and my skin felt duller.
Love how my skin feels -- I think the product has lactic acids which gently exfoliates skin -- my face definitely feels smoother and I have noticed that my makeup goes on better
The product did not irritate my sensitive skin -- I tend to have skin that gets irritated and red easily, especially with many of the high tech skincare ingredients -- but my skin was never irrated with this product
The price!!! I used to use Creme de la Mer, also an excellent product, but it's ~$100/oz, where as Hope in a Jar is more like ~$20/oz or even less if you buy it on okay!
Given all these positives, no wonder Philosophy Hope in a Jarwas chosen by Oprah Winfrey was one of her favorite products in her Oprah's Favorites show!
Here's what I like about about Hope Is Not Enough:

Smells so nice -- love the hint of lavender -- reminds me of being in Provence in the summer! I find that most SPF products tend to smell so "medical" and artificial, but this one smells really nice.
Perfect consistency -- SPF products can either feel very thick or too runny, but this one is perfect consistency
If you choose to get Philosophy Hope in a Jar, beware that the product gees in a couple of different formulas:

Philosophy Hope in a Jar(original formula)
Hope in a Jar for Dry and Sensitive Skin (This one doesn't have the acids. However, like I said, I have sensitive skin tendencies but didn't really need this product. Maybe it's necessary if you have truly very sensitive skin.)
Hope in a Jar Hydrating Mask
You can buy Philosophy products at Nordstrom or Sephora, but why pay full price when you can get it for a Discount on okay?
Anna SF ("annasf")

No comments:

Post a Comment